Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?
~from Goodreads


Calla is destined to be the mate of Ren, and the two of them will be alpha wolves in a pack of their own. She accepts this, but not without reservations. Then there’s Shay, the boy she saved, even though she wasn’t supposed to. She’s torn between the life she’s told she should have and the life she wants to have. Follow your heart or what you were born to do.

Not too bad, the characters are likable, even all the secondary ones. I just couldn’t get into it. Sometimes very detailed paranormals are too much to handle when I know so little about myths and legends and lore. I might take a look at the second one, but I have a feeling I won’t.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't like to hear that. I finally gave in and got this one to read. I hope I like it well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't horrible or anything, I just couldn't personally connect to the story. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I know a lot of others are anxiously awaiting Wolfsbane right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad you couldn't get into it, I am still going to read it (when I get it and Wolfsbane).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one but I didn't like Shay ! And was rooting for Ren he really got the short end of the stick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!