Saturday, June 25, 2011

What's Your Status? #7 & Interview With Zakiya

What's Your Status comes from Butterfly Feet Walking On Life. The object is to post what you have finished in the last week, what you are currently reading, what you plan to read in the coming week, and what you want to buy next. You can also post about reviews you've written and memes you have done, though these aren't mandatory. I will also be posting the status of my reading challenges.


On this week's edition of What's Your Status? I am co-hosting with Zakiya LadyWings! You can read her What's Your Status? post by clicking This Link. In honor of this co-hosting contest event type thing, we've conducted an interview.


Interview with Zakiya


1. Where did you get your blog name?
Zakiya: My co-blogger Elyssa helped me come up with it actually. It has changed a little since when I first started it was "Walking on Life."


2. What made you want to start a book blog?
Zakiya: I wanted to start a book blog because I found that I liked reviewing what I read; I wanted people all over the world to be able to read my reviews and hopefully enjoy the same books.


3. What genre of books have you been into lately?
Zakiya: Ever since I read Twilight in 2009, I have wandered around in YA Paranormal. There are still occasional Chick-Lit's, though :)


4. What are some of your favorite books?
Zakiya: Some of my favorites of all time are City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling. Of course, there are like a thousand more. LOL!


5. What was your favorite childhood book?
Zakiya: My favorite book as a child was Mandie and the Angel's Secret by Lois Gladys Leppard; I still even remember some of the plot. *sniff sniff* Sorry, it's a tear-jerker :)


6. What book would you love to see made into a movie?
Zakiya: For the longest I wanted Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series to be turned into a movie series. Guess I'm getting part of my wish since they're making a movie!


7. What's your favorite book quote?
Zakiya: My favorite book quote is from City of Bones by, yes, Cassandra Clare: "Alec muttered a retort into his coffee. It rhymed with something that sounded a lot more like 'ducking glass mole.' "

8. Aside from reading books, what else do you do?
Zakiya: Whenever I'm not reading, I'm usually in front of a computer; I also love to listen to music, text, and solve a good puzzle.


9. What hobby would you love to be able to do but haven't done yet?
Zakiya: I would really love to be able to crochet/knit!


10. What's your favorite song(s)?
Zakiya: I have no favorite song whatsoever. I mean, I have some, but it would be just about every song that's been made in the last 5 years. LOL!


11. If you had wings, where would you want to fly to?
Zakiya: If I had wings I would fly... to Europe. I've always wanted to visit the countries over there. France, Italy, and several others call me to them.


Thank you Zakiya!!!

~*~

Finished This Week:




Currently Reading:



What To Buy Next:
(Because who doesn't want to read a children's book written by the amazing Weird Al Yankovic? I've been putting off getting this book for too long...)


Reviews This Week:

Memes This Week:
Challenges Update:
Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge: At book #28 of #50, which is more than halfway!
Off The Shelf Challenge: I've read 1 of the 5 books, This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.
2011 Summer Romance Challenge: I've read 1 of 8 books, Tourist Trap by Emma Harrison. Will be starting book #2 pretty soon!



Thank you Zakiya for allowing me to cohost with you! It's been great! XOXO

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!