Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.
Stuff from the blog this week:
- Enter The Journey of Self-Publishing Book Giveaway to win 4 fabulous novels by our indie author panel.
- Music Monday features Trapt this week!
- My review of Defy the Stars by Stephanie Parent.
- Interview with Stephanie Parent, talking about her book and poetry!
- The 77th Update Thursday is posted.
- What do you think of books written in verse? Weigh in on the latest Question of the Moment!
- I review Courtney Summer's Cracked Up To Be.
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- Kirsten Hubbard wrote a nice article on giving yourself permission as a writer to do the things that you need to do.
- It's easy to get discouraged as a writer, but Rachel Brooks tells us to stay motivated!
- A way to get past writer's block from Chelsea Fine. I have done this before, and it works.
- Kody Keplinger is on YA Highway discussing how Improv classes help with humor in writing.
- Susan Kaye Quinn offers up some tips on avoiding using the same cover art as someone else. She also had a nice segment on sideloading ebooks.
And.... a new LOL cat that I made to cheer myself up...
As you may know, I work at a pharmacy. I've offered up some of my frustrations with the field before awhile back and how I've been working on getting out of it if possible. Well, that moment finally came when things got so bad at work, I resigned immediately Tuesday after my shift ended. At first, it was upsetting to me to see things go the way they did. But on Wednesday, everything just felt... better. The world seemed brighter, my load felt lighter, and I felt HAPPIER. I didn't realize how much my job had been weighing me down--not just physically, but mentally and emotionally.
Of course, I am working on finding new employment (made a couple calls, picked up an application, AND I actually have an interview today at 2), but as of right now, I am content just sitting back and enjoying life, if only for a moment in time. On Wednesday, I got out the TaeBo VHS tape I bought from a thrift store and exercised. I haven't exercised in YEARS. And doing some awesome punches and kicks really felt good. That night, I reached the word count goal I've been working on for weeks. I've been writing every day since. I painted my fingernails, I wrote some scenes for a new story, I colored in a Lisa Frank coloring book with crayons while watching Gossip Girl and eating sweets (check out the picture--don't worry, I didn't eat it all, I'm saving some for later today when I hang out with my best friend).
|Oh yes, there are stickers in that coloring book too.|
One thing that made this week be so much better was all the love I received from the community of book bloggers. I came home Tuesday to find myself listed on two Top Ten Tuesdays as bookish people you wanted to meet. After I tweeted a message about having a horrible day, three people replied with kind words. I found out that I won TWO giveaways. All sorts of people have been stopping by to comment and chat on the blog. So... I want to thank all of you for being there for me, even without knowing. ^_^
And TOMORROW is the season premiere of both Castle AND Gossip Girl.
Life really is good.
Much love to all!