Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Replay #5 + Some News


Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.


Stuff from the blog this week:



In other news elsewhere on the internet..



And.... a new LOL cat that I made to cheer myself up...


~Some News~

As you may know, I work at a pharmacy. I've offered up some of my frustrations with the field before awhile back and how I've been working on getting out of it if possible. Well, that moment finally came when things got so bad at work, I resigned immediately Tuesday after my shift ended. At first, it was upsetting to me to see things go the way they did. But on Wednesday, everything just felt... better. The world seemed brighter, my load felt lighter, and I felt HAPPIER. I didn't realize how much my job had been weighing me down--not just physically, but mentally and emotionally.

Of course, I am working on finding new employment (made a couple calls, picked up an application, AND I actually have an interview today at 2), but as of right now, I am content just sitting back and enjoying life, if only for a moment in time. On Wednesday, I got out the TaeBo VHS tape I bought from a thrift store and exercised. I haven't exercised in YEARS. And doing some awesome punches and kicks really felt good. That night, I reached the word count goal I've been working on for weeks. I've been writing every day since. I painted my fingernails, I wrote some scenes for a new story, I colored in a Lisa Frank coloring book with crayons while watching Gossip Girl and eating sweets (check out the picture--don't worry, I didn't eat it all, I'm saving some for later today when I hang out with my best friend).

Oh yes, there are stickers in that coloring book too.

One thing that made this week be so much better was all the love I received from the community of book bloggers. I came home Tuesday to find myself listed on two Top Ten Tuesdays as bookish people you wanted to meet. After I tweeted a message about having a horrible day, three people replied with kind words. I found out that I won TWO giveaways. All sorts of people have been stopping by to comment and chat on the blog. So... I want to thank all of you for being there for me, even without knowing. ^_^

And TOMORROW is the season premiere of both Castle AND Gossip Girl.

Life really is good.


Much love to all!

~Jessica

4 comments:

  1. I <3 you so, so much! I was so sad the other day to see you'd had a bad day, but I'm SO glad things are better and that you're FEELING better! I've been in a job situation like that - a couple times actually - and it ate away at me because I didn't want to quit but it was affecting my mental health, and once I finally decided to get out, I felt a million times better. Good for you! And yay for it freeing you up and making you extra productive. I hope you find something you love and that brings you happiness.

    I'm still going through all the links you posted, but I especially love Kirsten Hubbard's post. So perfect. Don't you feel like she's talking right to you when she says, "As long as you keep writing regularly, give yourself permission to take your time. It'll take how long it takes. And however long that is – it's okay." Love it!

    CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I could burst. If anyone interrupts me tomorrow night at 10, god help them lol I just wish we could watch it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW!!! I love you too sweetie! Things are a whole lot better actually... I already have a new job! The interview went well today and they needed me to start right away. It is still pharmacy but it is an improvement over the last one. And they are so super nice and do things responsibly and respectfully. I have a good feeling about this place. :)

      Yes! That post was super great. I like it when I know I'm not alone with what I'm feeling when it comes to writing. We all need to figure out what pace works and how to break up the writing with other things we enjoy.

      YEEESSSSSS!!! I know, same here on all counts! SOOOO SOOO EXCITED!!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Cracked Up To Be. I am looking forward to This I s Not A Test...I'm hoping it's a good as I've been hearing!

    Angela Ackerman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of my friends read and loved This Is Not A Test, and since we have similar tastes, I'm going to give it a try. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!