Sunday Replay is a weekly recap of the postings on this blog. I will also be sharing other articles and newsworthy items I've found interesting. I may even showcase some pictures I've uploaded.
Stuff from the blog this week:
- Music Monday features "Chalk Outline" by Three Days Grace this week!
- Reminder post on Monday about The Scarlet Read Along.
- I review The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery.
- The Scarlet Read-Along has begun! Join in on the fun and get started on this great book by A.C. Gaughen.
- The 83rd Update Thursday is up.
- We discuss our first impressions of Scarlet after reading the first chapter. Next week's assignment is chapters 2-5.
- Want to see the awesome bookish goodness I got in October? Check out my Stacking The Shelves!
- Friday's Letters #4 is posted to my writing blog.
In other news elsewhere on the internet..
- Third post on Michelle Flick's blog on the editing process.
- Another great post from Chuck Wendig with 25 motivational thoughts for writers.
And.... another LOL cat ...
I *finally* have a regular schedule for work this coming week. One of my coworkers said that I'm officially one of them now, lol. It's not bad actually, 2 of the 5 days are same as my training schedule. Now that I have one, I can start figuring out a routine for everything else. THANK GOODNESS.
You may or may not have noticed my little "Services" tab at the top of my shiny new blog (oh yes, Firefly reference). I wanted to talk about it. I have been bouncing around the idea of starting an editing service. Usually the biggest complaint with indie novels is the spelling and grammar. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I think part of the reason is because professional editing costs WAY too much for them to invest in it. Shouldn't there be a cheaper alternative? Although I'm not a professional editor, I have a knowledge of basic spelling and grammar. What if I offer a basic service where I go through a novel at a lower cost? Clean up most of the mistakes so that it doesn't look as sloppy.
It's just an idea though. I am in the process of working out the details. I need to do a little more research before I start it up. What do you think though? A question for the authors: Would you like to have a cheaper editing service? Even if that person isn't a professional editor? Just curious.
Oh... and speaking of Firefly... To all my Castle loving friends: Tomorrow's episode is going to be epic. I saw a preview clip on their Facebook page--Firefly references all over the place. I love how Nathan Fillion can make jokes about it.
Much love to all!