Friday, June 17, 2011

Follow Friday #8 & Book Blogger Hop #5



Alright! Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and is a way for book bloggers to get to know each other better. Just go to her page and follow the directions, and you'll be making some new friends!

Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?


Hmm... I'm torn between the dystopian and paranormal romance genres. I've only read 2 dystopians, but lots of paranormal romances. I do have the tendency to read a lot of coming-of-age type novels (which mostly end on a not so happy ending, but usually a hopeful one). I wish I could pick one. I'm not really a one genre reader. Since the majority of the books I own are coming-of-age, I'm going to go with that. As far as the book that started it, I'm not even sure which one was the first. One of the earliest ones I remember reading was Fault Line by Janet Tashjian, which is about teen relationship abuse.

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - rhiannonpaille.blogspot.com/
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. LINKY TOOLS IS BACK! I paid for the subscription - finally so now you can add the links to your own post!!! To add the code to your own post click on GET THE CODE here under the list of names.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


~*~

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books.

Our question: “How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?”

According to Goodreads (which might not be completely accurate, since I've found a few that I forgot to add here and there), my TBR list is up to 365. It's increased dramatically since this blog started. I wouldn't doubt if I break 400 by the end of fall or end of the year.


That's all for today. I ended up missing out on doing this in the morning because, guess what, the computer froze up on me... again. But at least I was able to log on tonight! Happy Friday everyone!

~Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Hopping by to visist and follow! I love dystopian, too. Have you tried "Enclave" by Ann Aguirre or "Divergent" by Veronica Roth? Those are my favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/were-doing-book-blogger-hop_18.html
    New Follower
    I have a Never-ending list of TBR's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I love paranormal romance. Twilight turned me onto it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. The internet is awful for increasing TBRs isn't it? Mine got out of control before I started blogging when I joined a lovely UK book swapping forum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger Holland: I hadn't heard of Enclave until yesterday, but I do have Digergent and can't wait to read it.
    Phantom Paragrapher: Following you back!
    Alison: Twilight started it for me too.
    Ellie: It's awful and great at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!