Monday, December 5, 2011

The Classics Reading Challenge Sign-Up/Progress Post


I am joining The Classics Reading Challenge... Probably because I'm hosting it! Lol.

The level I choose to take on is Level 3 with 8 classic books.

Here's the list of classic books I am going to read:

1. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
2. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
4. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells


Currently Reading:

8. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

Finished:

I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Under The Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

*~*

I decided to go with only one Jane Austen, even though I have all but one by her to read. Plus I split it up evenly between the pre-1900's and the 1900's. Some of these modern classics have me itching to read them. A few of them I need to buy, but that's fine, I've been needing them anyway!

Happy reading!

~Jessica

5 comments:

  1. I'll def sign up for this one but I still need to choose which books I want to read first. It's so hard. Most of the classics scare me because I don't think I'll understand them! Time to bust out the old BBC movie collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about it is that I've made it so that you can also pick out modern classics too. Four of the ones I picked out are from the 1900's, one is from the 60's. I'm hoping that breaks it up better so that it doesn't feel like a difficult task. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austen! It's been a long time since I read Northanger Abbey, so I'll definitely be re-reading that one next year.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up for this reading challenge. I keep saying I'll read some classics but never get around to it. Hopefully this challenge will make me stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite having so many classics to read, I've only read four so far this year :( Oh well still a few months left.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!