Friday, December 7, 2012

The Classics Reading Challenge 2013


As the creator of this challenge, I am going to be the first one to sign up for it! Here's the link to the sign up post here on Thoughts. The point of this challenge is to read at least ONE classic novel in 2013. It's easy, it's simple... and it's rewarding!

Okay... I have been itching to reread a few of my favorites from when I was younger. There are several that I have not read in literally TEN years or more and I am really anxious to read and fall in love all over again.

Here's the list of what I would like to read in 2013:

1. Anne Of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
2. Mrs. Frisby And The Rats Of NIHM by Robert C. O'Brien
3. The 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
4. Emily Of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery

If I can get to half of them, I will feel good about the accomplishment. If I can get to all of them, that would be super awesome.

Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I feel so terrible. I signed up for this in 2012 and didn't manage to read a single classes even though I went out and bought a whole bunch of books specifically fit this. I might try and read The Great Gatsby again as I want to see the movie and also because I read it when I was too young to understand what was really happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be! It's not as easy as I expected. I have three weeks to finish the last two books to complete the challenge, and I'm the host! :P I know what you mean by being too young to understand. That's why I want to start rereading some of these because I want to catch the things I missed the first time. :)

      Delete
  2. Reading even one classic a year is a good thing. I think, anyway. :) I hope you get all of the ones on your list read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a personal challenge for 2012 to read one classic a month & have loved it. I just read Anne of Green Gables for the first time ever & oh my gosh, it was so good! (My review here: http://giveahootreadabook.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-anne-of-green-gables-classic.html) I definitely plan on continuing the challenge for next year, so I'll probably sign up with you here. :)

    Your list sounds great, I didn't even know 101 Dalmations was a book lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great challenge that you do! :) I wish I didn't have so many other books to read. Anne Of Green Gables is amazing--the movie is good, but the book is a million times better because you really get into Anne's head and so much more happens. :D

      101 Dalmatians is a great book. Although the same basic premise is there, there is a lot more to the story. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!